Hurry! The early bird registration offer for the 4th R in Insurance conference, 11 July 2016, at Cass Business School closes 30 May.
This one-day conference will focus once more on applications in insurance and actuarial science that use R, the lingua franca for statistical computation. Topics covered include reserving, pricing, loss modelling, the use of R in a production environment, and more.
We have a fantastic programme with international speakers and conference dinner at Ironmongers Hall. Keynotes will be given by Mario Wüthrich and Dan Murphy.
The organisers gratefully acknowledge the sponsorship of Verisk, Mirai Solutions, Applied AI, Studio, CYBAEA and Oasis, without whom the event wouldn’t be possible.
[09:00 - 10:00] Keynote 1:
- (New) Challenges in Actuarial Science (Mario Wüthrich, RiskLab ETH Zurich)
[10:00 - 11:00] Session 1: Data and Technical Solutions
- Acquiring External Data with R (Mark Chisholm, XLCatlin)
- Efficient, consistent and flexible Credit Risk simulation with TRNG and RcppParallel (Riccardo Porreca, Mirai Solutions)
- Grid Computing in R with Easy Scalability in the Cloud (Jonathan Adams, ARMtech Insurance Services)
[11:00 - 11:30] Coffee break
[11:30 - 12:30] Session 2: Lightning talks
- Investigating the correlation between month of birth and diagnosis of specific diseases (Ben Rickayzen, David Smith, Leonel Rodrigues Lopes Junior)
- Measuring the Length of the Great Recession via Lapse Rates: A Bayesian Approach to Change-Point Detection (Michael Crawford, Applied AI)
- Data Science vs Actuary: A Perspective using Shiny and HTMLWidgets (Richard Pugh, Mango)
- estudy2: an R package for the event study in insurance (Iegor Rudnytskyi, University of Lausanne)
- R as a Service (Matt Aldridge, Mango Solutions)
- RPGM, an example of use with IBNR (Nicolas Baradel, PGM Solutions)
[12:30 - 13:30] Lunch
[13:30 - 14:30] Session 3: Insurance and statistical modelling in R
- Telematics insurance: Impact on tarification (Roel Verbelen, KU Leuven)
- Modelling the impact of reserving in high inflation environments (Marcela Granados, EY)
- An R package of a partial internal model for life insurance (Jinsong Zheng, Talanx AG / University of Duisburg-Essen)
[14:30 - 15:00] Panel discussion:
- Analytics: Transforming Insurance Businesses
[15:00 - 15:30] Coffee
[15:30 - 16:30] Session 4: Case studies with R in action
- Global Teleconnections (Sundeep Chahal, Lloyd’s)
- Probabilistic Graphical Models for Detecting Underwriting Fraud (Mick Cooney, Applied AI)
- R, Shiny and the Oasis Loss Modelling Framework – a toolkit for Catastrophe modelling (Mark Pinkerton, OASIS)
[16:30 - 17:30] Keynote 2:
- Persuasive Advice for Senior Management: the Three-C’s (Dan Murphy, Trinostics)
[18:30 - 22:00] Conference Dinner: